My liquid diet continues…
Corn potage (or bisque) soup is one of my favorite soups, and very popular in Japan. You can even buy them hot in a can from a vending machine!
10 Minute Corn Potage Soup:
- Saute 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp flour in a pot.
- Add a bay leaf or two (optional) .
- Gradually whisk in 2 cups milk, mixing well each time.
- Add 1 can creamed corn and season with salt/pepper.
- At this point, if you like chunky soup, you’re done.
- But I whip out my trusty hand blender and puree the whole thing right in the pot. (Just remember to remove the bay leaf first). For an even smoother texture, put it through a strainer to get all the “kernel skins” out.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.